What is healthy food?
People much confuse healthy food with fresh food. Fresh foods are not always healthy. Healthy foods mostly contain a low amount of saturated fat and cholesterol. It contains the elements which are essential to your body like vitamins, minerals, protein, carbohydrate and others. Thus fresh pizzas, burgers, rolls, sandwiches, fries, do not form a part of the healthy food. A healthy diet consists of five basic groups of food, like grains, fruits and vegetables, protein, dairy, fat and sugar.
What are the healthy foods which you must include in your diet?
- Apple: if you don’t want to grow old, apply is the best way to hide your age. It is a popular antioxidant which resists the ageing
- Broccoli: it is the favourite vegetable of your heart. Diabetes patients are highly recommended to eat this. It contains vitamin C, beta-carotene, and antioxidants.
- Blueberries: prevents any kind of cognitive Moreover, it also aids in losing weight.
- Almonds: it has the highest fibre content. Other than this, it also has vitamin E, iron, calcium, and riboflavin. It helps to maintain the cholesterol level.
- Green leafy vegetables: it includes cabbage, lettuce, spinach, and others. Your whole body gets benefitted from this. It produces all types of essential vitamins needed by your body. It helps to reduce the risk of diabetes and cholesterol problems.
- Oily fish: salmon, trout, anchovies, herring and others are called oily fish. The oil in these species of fishes has omega-3 fatty acid. It improves the health of heart and nervous system. It also helps to fight arthritis.
- Honey: regulate intake of honey makes your skin radiant. Moreover, it improves your immunity system. It is also a home remedy for cold and cough.
- Ginger: it can be used for multiple home remedy. Cold and cough, sinus, can be cured by taking ginger. Ginger water, kick starts your digestive system. A regular intake of warm water, with grated ginger, helps to maintain the healthy digestive system and also helps to reduce fat.
- Oats: oatmeal has a lot of fibre content. It helps to cure any problem due to constipation. Regular intake of oats also helps to maintain your shape. It also helps to maintain blood cholesterol level.
Sweet potatoes: it is enriched with dietary fibres. It also contains carbohydrates, vitamin B, C and carotene. It has a high content of minerals like calcium, protein, iron and others.