The presence and dominance of Estrogen is now a very popular subject of discussion almost everywhere you turn. Many are learning to read the signs and symptoms of this condition, and many still do not even have the slightest idea what to do if they if they ever suspect they are affected. These simple guidelines below will help you get your hormones back into stability, and it can be adopted and used by anyone to prevent it in the first place.
Before that, here’s a brief summary :
Top 10 Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
- Irregular or abnormal menstrual periods
- Low libido
- Bad PMS (breast tenderness/swelling, mood swings, headaches)
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Weight gain (especially hips and abs)
- Brain fog
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Hair loss
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Sluggish metabolism
Step 1: Remove Xenoestrogens
Sadly, as a side-effect of greater industrialization and new innovations in technology, we’ve seen toxic chemical compounds finding their way into our daily lives. Anexample of this is called a “xenoestrogen,” which can replicate estrogen in the body. We’re being attacked every day, so it’s no surprise so many people are suffering from estrogen dominance!
Here are some of the top things to remove from your daily routine:
- Plastic Tupperware
- Plastic water bottle
- Cosmetics, makeup and toiletries (opt for natural lines
- Tap water
- BPA cans
- Non-organic milk produce
- Birth control pill
- Soy protein isolate
Step 2: Ensure Efficient Elimination
It’s normal to want to get rid of excess estrogen from your body, but what if you’re suffering from acute constipation? You must understand, that more estrogen is hard to get rid of, rather it will simply find its way back into the bloodstream and then begin to circulate itself through the body, continuing to cause morehavoc. Before starting the liver and estrogen detoxification supplements, it very crucial to take these steps
Daily bowel movement is important, so make sure you are having daily bowel movements. If you’re not, try out these tips:
- Drink 2-3L of water daily
- Eat more vegetables at each meal
- Eat probiotic foods like kimchi, sauerkraut, miso, kefir, plain yogurt and tempeh
- Top your daily smoothie, oatmeal or parfait with a scoop of fiber.
- Supplement with magnesium citrate or Triphala (an Ayurvedic herb) to promote bowel movements
To enhance expelling through all available channels in the body, make sure to do the following as well:
- Take deep breaths to support the lungs
- Go for a massage, it enhances the lymph
- Make your body sweat by exercising or sitting in a sauna to enhance the expelling of toxins through the skin
- Use a dry skin brush to get rid of dead skin cells.
Step 3: Support Liver Health & Estrogen Detoxification
A healthy liver helps us remove excess estrogen from the body. Here’s how it’s simply done: in the first stage of detoxification, the liver changes toxic estrogen into a milder, weaker forms of estrogen. In the second stage: the liver nowchanges that mild form of estrogen into a water-soluble form so that it can be passed as urine and stool.
Clearly, to backup the first and second stage, detoxification is crucial. But there are two main cases in which this would not be possible:
- If the liver is not getting the required nutrients to make stage 1&2 happen.
- If the liver is over burdened with too many activities, like having other chemicals struggling for the liver function i.e. alcohol, drugs, junk food (there is a limited number of things the liver can do at a time)
Here’s how you can support liver function:
- Eat only real, whole-foods based diet, completely stay away from processed food
- Drinka lot of clean water
- Do not overeat
- Drink responsibly and do not abuse alcohol.
- Eat more of foods that enhance liver health:
- Beets, eggs, dandelion greens, onions, dark leafy greens, artichoke, garlic, leeks, shallots, ruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, kale etc.)
- Supplement with botanicals that enhances liver health:
- Oregon grape fruit, milk thistle, dandelion root, barberry, gentian, rosemary, licorice, burdock, ginger, wild yam, red clover,
- Supplement with nutrients that enhances detoxification:
- B-vitamins (in particular, B6, B12 and Folic Acid)
- A hormone balancing formula that contains one or all of the following: Calcium-D-Glucarate, Indole-3-Carbinol, DIM, sulforaphane
Source: The Hearty Soul