Every woman’s body undergoes some slight changes during their period but it is important that women should be attentive to changes that are odd and mysterious. Even though a lot of routine checkups can point to the presence of cancer in the body, women should look beyond the results of checkups and more closely at what their body is telling them.
These signs are frequently overlooked;
- Nail changes – Some types of changes in the appearance of your nails should not be ignored because they are usually warning signs of different kinds of cancers. Signs like a dot under the nails or a black or brown streak are usually indicative of skin cancer, while white or pale nails are symptoms of liver cancer.
- Lower back or lower right side pain – A large number of liver cancer patients experienced pain in the back or on the lower right side of the body, even though these symptoms are also indicative of breast cancer.
- Facial swelling – This could be a symptom of lung cancer. The flow of blood from the head and the face is hindered leading to redness and a puffy face. It is important that you see a doctor as soon as you start noticing these symptoms.
- A lump in the skin that becomes crusty, bleeds easily or doesn’t heal – These are some of the symptoms of skin cancer or melanoma. Make a habit of carrying out regular body checks for weird-looking growths and spots.
- Changes in the nipples – nipples that are turned sideways, inverted, or flattened are indicative of a cancer of the breast.
- Intermittent periods and heavy or painful periods – These are symptoms of uterine or endometrial cancer. It is advised that you consult your doctor if you notice strange irregularities with your period.
- Stomach cramps or Upset stomach – these are indicative of colorectal cancer
- Sore, swollen or red breasts – Always check your breasts for lumps or any other strange signs. They could be due to breast cancer.
- Rectal bleeding or bloody stool – Consult your doctor immediately if you notice these symptoms. They are symptoms of colorectal cancer; a deadly cancer.
- Sudden weight loss – If you suddenly start losing weight for no reason, you would have to pay attention to it as unexplained weight loss could be indicative of liver or colon cancer.
- Feeling full and loss of appetite – These are indicators of ovarian cancer. If you go long periods without food and still don’t feel hungry then you need to take this as a serious sign.
- Pelvic and Abdominal pain – These are signs of ovarian cancer. Abdominal pain can also be indicative of leukemia.
- Fatigue – If you start feeling tired without any kind of exertion then it should be a cause for concern. Tiredness is one of the symptoms of many of the cancers so you need to see your doctor as soon as you start noticing this.
- Bloated or enlarged abdomen – This is indicative of ovarian cancer.
- Swollen lymph nodes – a lump in your underarm, groin, or neck, is an indicator of certain changes in your lymphatic system which could be a symptom of cancer.
- Nonstop bleeding – This is indicative of a problem with your blood cells, and could most likely be a cancer of the blood cells – leukemia.
- Frequent fevers and Infections – This is also an indicator of leukemia.
- Swallowing difficulty – This is one of the symptoms that could occur at the early stages of lung and throat cancer.
- Wheezing or shortness of breath – This also occurs at the early stages of lung cancer.
20. A chronic cough and chest pain – Bronchitis and a bad cough can be symptoms of both leukemia and lung cancer.
Source: Losing Weight Done