Do you know, how anyone becomes a left-handed person? Medical experts are not completely sure regarding this question, a study shows a complex relation between environment and genes.
It is shown that there are left handed members in the family of a left handed person. Researchers found some differences between lefties vs. righties. Left handers are usually more independent that the right handed ones.
Here are 23 things about left-handed people, which you have probably never heard of before!
1)There are 5 to 10% of population of left handed people in the world.
2) They easily turn into alcoholics (appx 3 times)
3) They are good in sports such as tennis, baseball, boxing, swimming etc.
4) Interestingly, over 40 percent of the top world tennis players are left-handed.
5) Usually, left-handers are using the right side of their brain.
6) Statistics say that college graduates will become 26 percent richer than their colleagues who are right-handed.
7) United States have four left-handed out of the seven presidents.
8.) Left is derived from the Anglo-saxon word ‘lyft’ meaning broken or weak.
9) Left hand writing is usually a sign of neurosis, rebellion, mark of the devil, nasty habit, homosexuality, and criminality.
10) About 10 percent of the global population are left-handed.
11) Pregnant women in their 40s have 128 percent higher chances of having a left handed baby than women pregnant in their 20s.
12) about 1 Apollo astronaut, out of 4 have left hand as the dominant one.
13) Left handed people have talent in the fields of spatial awareness, architecture, and mathematics. Whereas right handed in verbal skills.
14) A study says that left-handers are slightly more prone to asthma and allergies when compared to right handers.
15) Number of left-handed people in America is nearly 30 million.
16) August 13th is the Left-handers day. On this day, left-handers celebrate their left-handedness.
17) Medical experts discovered that when a left-handed person injures her/his dominant hand, s/he will learn using the other one more quickly than those who have their right hand as the dominant one.
18) Left handed people suffer from insomina.
19) Have you ever heard that the longest words which can be typed with the use of just left hand with a conventional hand positioning are dresses, sweater, and tesserae decades?
20) Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Mother, and Prince Charles are British Royal Family members are left-handlers.
21) Left handers adjust to see underwater better than right handers.
22) Some of the world’s most wanted killers were left-handed: Jack the Ripper, The Boston Strangles, and Osama Bin Laden.
23) Left handers might get upset than right handers. John McEnroe is a perfect example of this, as we have witnessed him being angry many times.
Source: Healthy Life Tricks