It’s been nearly two decades since fat was made to be a monster and individuals started to consume more and more sugary items, refined carbohydrates and processed food instead. Due to this, the whole world has started to become sicker and fatter and have shown to exhibit all the signs of obesity. In the recent years, obesity rates are higher than it has ever been in the last few decades.
But, times are changing. Newly conducted research has presented the fact that fat, including saturated fat, isn’t the sort of monster that it was previously thought to be. The healthy fat enriched food that was previously thought to be quite dangerous to have returned to the scene and are now being termed as ‘superfoods’. Here are 5 high fatty foods that are quite healthy and nutritious –
- Cheese – Cheese is immensely nutritious as it contains an entire cup of milk. It is an amazing source of selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B12, calcium and all types of additional nutrients. It is also filled with protein and contains powerful fatty acids, which, as per research, helps in reduction of Type II Diabetes.
- Dark Chocolate – One of the rare healthiest foods that tastes incredible is dark chocolate. Not only does it have a high fat content, it is also filled with antioxidants that can lower blood pressure and safeguard the LDL cholesterol levels in the blood. It can improve brain function and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Full Fat Yogurt – Yogurt is again one of those healthy foods that taste incredible. It has all the important nutrient like other high-fat dairy products and on top of that, it is loaded with healthy, probiotic bacteria can lead to major health improvements like increased metabolism and keeping in check obesity and heart disease.
- Nuts – Nuts, especially peanuts, are quite healthy. They are enriched with fiber and healthy fats and are a great protein source. They also contain two essential elements which are not consumed as per requirement – magnesium and Vitamin E. Research has shown that individual who consume nuts are healthier and are less prone to heart diseases, obesity and Type II Diabetes.
- Whole Eggs – Whole eggs were thought to be unhealthy because the yolk of the egg contains high cholesterol and fat. However, one whole egg contains 212mg of cholesterol, which makes up nearly 71% of the required daily cholesterol intake. New research has also proven that this cholesterol has not effect on the cholesterol levels in blood. They are also filled with each and every nutrient and vitamin which are needed by the body.
So, as it can be seen, the fat enriched foods that were thought out to be the devil are actually quite healthy for your body. So, enjoy the delicious food items and don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise.