Hormones are chemical substances in our bodies whose main objective is to give instructions to our cells to perform a certain function. They affect our growth, emotions, the function of our metabolism, body temperature and numerous other functions. Since they affect almost every aspect of our welfare, by spotting the irregularities in their function, we can preserve our health balance. These are the most common signs of hormonal imbalance:
- Sleep deprivation – This is the condition that mostly affects female population in their 40s. During this period the production of two hormones that encourage sleep slowly reduces, therefore increasing the insomnia.
- Unintentional weight gain – This can be a clear indicator of hormone imbalance. If the production of the stress hormone becomes irregular, a person can start rapidly gaining weight. This condition raises the possibility of getting a heart attack or some other cardiovascular disease.
- Lack of sexual desire – Not having sexual desire can also be a sign that something is wrong with your hormonal function. The lack of the so-called androgenic hormone, a hormone that is produced in men and women by their reproductive organs, leads to the lack of desire for sexual activity.
- Digestive problems – If a person suffers from digestive problems, it may be an indicator of malfunctioning of three hormones in the digestive system. These hormones, known as CCK, encourage the release of enzymes in the pancreas and regulate appetite.
- Hair loss – It is believed that the lack of a hormone Testosterone often leads to hair loss. However, it is proved that another hormone, known as DHT, is responsible for this problem.
- Sugar cravings – Possible cause of sugar cravings is malfunction in Thyroid gland. If a thyroid gland does not cause the production of enough hormones, it leads to a condition called hypothyroidism. Therefore, this condition is the main reason why people have sugar cravings.
If we want to achieve balance in our bodies, we have to make sure our hormones function regularly. One cannot establish holistic way of living if the hormones are out of balance. Therefore, we should listen to what our body tries to say.