If you think that eating cashew nuts might make you fat, then you are wrong. That is just a rumor. There are a lot of health benefits of eating cashew nuts. Some of them are jotted down in this article.
Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
These are the few advantages that come with eating cashew nuts.
- Well, firstly due to the richness of vitamins in these nuts it must be consumed on a daily basis. Keeping side the fact that cashew nuts are extremely delicious, you should keep in mind the other fact that these nuts are very healthy to be consumed.
- The vitamins and minerals make them very beneficial.
- These contain potassium, which is an essential building block for the body as well as blood. Blood clotting can be highly accelerated with the addition of potassium.
- Thus, people those who suffer from hemophilia can benefit a lot from cashew nuts.
- Vitamins like B5, B6, and B11, are present. Along with this other essential vitamin-like riboflavin and pantothenic acid are also present. These vitamins are extremely beneficial and can help the body is every possible way from fighting diseases.
- Minerals like potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc help to prevent any kind of deficiency related illnesses.
- Cashew nuts are also known to be a source of fiber in the body. Fiber elevates the digestive system of the body, thus, constipation can easily be prevented, and digestion can be carried out very easily.
- Other than the above-mentioned facts, cashew nuts contain This mineral helps the body to absorb another mineral. In easy words, copper aids the body to absorb iron. Thus, people suffering from iron deficiency can easily be benefited from cashew nuts.
Helps the heart
The fatty acid content in the nuts helps to increase the level of HDL cholesterol and decrease the level of LDL cholesterol which causes heart attacks and other heart-related problems. Zeaxanthin present in cashew nuts acts as a protection against UV lights in the eyes.
Certain ill effects of cashew on some people
However, for some people cashew nuts can show severe allergic reactions in the body. This is very common and can be seen in both adults as well as children.
Also acts as a very effective anti-depressant
A most recently found fact is that cashew nuts are known to suppress depression. People suffering from depression can use cashew nuts to replace their anti-depressant pills. This reacts exactly as the pills but without the side effects. Thus, in a nutshell, cashew nuts have both advantages as well as disadvantages. The weight of the advantages is a thousand times more than its disadvantages.
Source: Natural Medicine House