Warts are common in the people and they are unpleasant, unsightly, and unfortunate. Warts are small and grainy skin that grows on your fingers or hands.
They are caused by a virus and are transmitted to person to person by touch. They usually occur on your fingers or hands may be:
1) Small, fleshy, grainy bumps
2) Flesh-colored, white, pink or tan
3) Rough to the touch
4) Sprinkled with black pinpoints, which are small, clotted blood vessels.
Duct Tape for Removing Warts
The best home remedy for removing warts is using silver duct tape as it has emerged as a viable treatment, based on some preliminary studies.
One study reported that 61 patients who are affected with common warts received either cryotherapy or duct tape treatment. After two months, people who used duct tape treatment got rid of their warts, while only 60 percent people who received cryotherapy got results.
How to use duct tape:
Cover the wart with a small piece of silver duct tape for six days, replacing the tape as needed. After that soak in water and gently remove dead tissue with a pumice stone or disposable emery board.
Leave the wart for about 12 hours and then repeat the process until the wart is gone.
“You do have to be patient, however. This method is not an overnight cure” – says Dr. Julian Whitaker, director of the Whitaker Wellness Institute.
To reduce your risk of common warts:
1) Avoid direct contact with warts. It may include your own warts.
2) Do not pick warts. They may spread the virus.
3) Change emery board, pumice stone or nail clipper. Do not use repeated one’s on your healthy skin and nails.
4) Don’t bite your fingernails. Warts occur more often in skin that has been broken.
5) Nibbling the skin around your fingernails may spread the virus.
Consult your doctor if warts growth is painful or if you observe a change in appearance or color. As you are not sure about the growth of warts, it is better to consult a doctor.