There are times when our body loses balance because of chronic illness and health problems. There are various ways in which you can deal with various kinds of unwanted symptoms in the body. The new cook book called “eating clean” offers a 21 day plan to detoxify, fight inflammation and get back to your previous track. Detoxifying the body will help to eradicate all symptoms of inflammation, health problems and definitely help you maintain a balanced physique. The recipe book will help in tantalizing the taste buds and the recipes are free of gluten, soy, dairy products, corn and sugar as well as all kinds of processed ingredients. Try having fettuccini which is made from carrots which are shredded into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. It tastes simply exotic and the sauce clings to the ribbons giving you a delicious, simple flavor.
Coastal Carrot “Fettuccini” With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pumpkin Seeds
Serves four people
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- I minced garlic clove
- Half cup of grated tomato sliced and quartered
- 2 and half tablespoons of fresh and finely chopped basil leaves
- 3 large orange of rainbow colored carrots, peeled
- I cup jarred organic tomato puree or sun dried tomato paste
- One-fourth teaspoon sweet paprika
- One-fourth tablespoon sea salt
- One-fourth tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 table spoons of pumpkin seeds toasted for garnishing
How to prepare the dish
- Heat oil over medium low heat in a large container. Add garlic in the container and sauté for 30 seconds until it becomes soft and smells good.
- Add tomatoes and two tablespoons of freshly crushed basil leaves and sauté well for 5 minutes until the tomatoes burst open and become juicy.
- Slice the carrots into ribbons using a spiral slicer or a peeler
- Add the carrots, sun dried tomato sauce, salt, pepper and paprika to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes until the carrots are absolutely tender. Sprinkle the remaining basil leaves and garnish with roasted pumpkin leaves before serving hot.
Source: Mind Body Green