Considered to be a powerful food, ginger once again comes up with the line of our focus.
We intended to conduct research on this super root and find out more about the benefits that it offers. It came to our notice that ginger is loaded with potential for enhancing immunity, reducing inflammation as well as boost the digestive functions. Though, it is too narrow for the great potential that ginger holds and this article will discuss as how we can embrace ginger more in our daily life so as to get the maximum benefits out of it.
We can start with the mention of the fact that ginger carries the essential oils like SHOGAOLS, GINGEROLS and ZINGERONE, that feature its own flavor and aroma. These oils are strong anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal as well as anti-parasitic agents. Ginger roots boost the digestive functions improves the immunity power, treats asthma and brings relief from acute pain. The benefits that ginger tea offer had been established as a practical fact and it comes helpful in treating some usual problems. However, you require adopting some precautionary measures as well.
What are the befits that ginger tea offers?
- As ginger contains several unique stuffs, it is a natural pain relief. It is a wonderful remedy for headaches, flu, sore muscles as well as common colds.
- Daily consumption of the ginger tea, improves the immune system. With its high antioxidant contents, ginger comes helpful in fighting infections.
- Daily consumption of ginger tea lowers the threats of cardiac arrests, by breaking down the fats gathered in the arteries.
- For its warming capacities, ginger improves the rate of blood circulation. As an outcome of the improvement in the blood flow, the body cells get a better supply of nutrients and oxygen.
- Ginger tea kills the viruses that trigger influenza, cold sores and common colds.
- Ginger fights infestations and bad breath
- Retards the growth of the cancer cells
- Improves good cholesterol and retards the bad cholesterol
- Detoxifies the liver
- The huge count of antioxidants in ginger minimizes the free radicals
- Brings relief from stresses
- Comforts menstrual troubles
- Enhances fertility
How to prepare Ginger tea?
Ingredients that you will need:
- Water: 1 cup
- Ground Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
- Coconut Milk: as per taste
- Grounded Ginger: ¼ teaspoon
- Organic Honey (raw): as per choice
- Once you bring the water to boil, add the turmeric and ginger to the boiling water. Let it simmer for 10 minutes at reduced temperature.
- Stir in milk
- Strain the tea into the serving cups. You can add honey to taste
- Serve and relish
Ideal limits for daily intake
As per the suggestions from FDA, the consumption of ginger needs to be restricted within the limits of 2 grams, per KG of the body weight. However, it is important to keep in mind that the adverse side effects can be triggered even if the consumption is restricted within the permissible limits.
Some precautionary measures
- Consumption of ginger, in some cases, triggers coagulation of blood and hence, if you are going through the course of thinners or should you have hemophilia ailments, it will be wise to consult your physician beforehand.
- In instances an individual is undergoing treatment and medication for treating hypertension, ginger tea can emerge as a severe threat. It is because, ginger lowers the level of blood pressure, that can turn the situation severe.
- Consumption of ginger tea can turn dangerous, even for the expecting as well as the breastfeeding mothers. In the opinion of a set of physicians, if such mothers consume ginger tea, there is always a threat involved of the unborn and the newborn getting toxic supply.
As ginger improves the bile production in the body, it is not a welcome drink for individuals suffering from gallstones.
Source: Healthy Food Headlines