Did you know that coconut oil is regarded as a very nutritious superfood? It’s no surprise as to why this is. After all, the oil is loaded with capric acid, lauric acid and caprylic acid. When these acids are present, it can result in the following properties: antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial. In the end, it provides the body with nourishment.
Coconut oil is great because it can help in the rebuilding of skin tissue. It can rehydrate and rebuild the connective tissues that causes wrinkles. If you like the idea of using coconut oil lotion bars to bring life back to your skin, then it’s time to learn what ingredients you need and how to make it.
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. shea butter or cocoa butter
- 2/3c. Beeswax Pastilles
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E oil
- Scented essential oils (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a quart mason jar – minus the essential oil
- Bring a pot full of water to a boil, putting the uncapped jar inside.
- Stir until all ingredients are completely melted
- Allow to cool, add in essential oils
- Pour mixture into silicone molds
Once dried, remove them from the molds and put into mason jars.
Photo by Wellnessmama.com