Citrus fruits are filled with vitamins, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and several other healthy nutrients which are good for your body. To know how to grow some of them, especially lemons… read this article!
What will you need?
- Organic lemon
- Non organic lemons which produce non germinating seeds
- Fertile soil
- Pot for planting which should be 6 inches wide and 6 inches deep
- Seedling pot which should 24 inches wide and 12 inches deep
How to go about it?
- Moisten the soil at first and make sure it is damp. Don’t soak at all.
- Fill the pot with water up till the rim.
- Cut the lemon and bring out the seeds. Let the pulp be entirely removed.
- Plant it immediately. Keep the lemon seeds moist while planting.
- Let it be half n inch deep.
- Keep watering the soil above the seeds. Use water in spray bottles.
- Let the pot be covered in film. Use a rubber band to secure it. Poke some holes on the top
- Keep the pot in a sunny place.
- Always remember the soil should not be dry. It must be watered often and kept moist.
- The sprouting will show in 2 weeks.
- Lemon plants should be under sunlight for 8 hours.
- Use organic fertilizers and keep plants away from diseases.
- Get rid of the dead lives and try not to use pesticides unless you need it.
- The replanting process is much similar to the first process of planting. But younger plants will need more water than the others.
How to grow Mandarin trees at home?
If you want to grow citrus trees at home, it would be right to get hold of a baby tree instead of growing it using a seed. Make sure the pot is getting daily sunlight. The stones and drainage holes should be prepared like discussed above. But always be careful when you are picking the fruits. You have leave the button on top that can help you grow your own citruses on the future.