A lot of people are bothered by dark skin in certain body areas. It can be very unpleasant and embarrassing, and affects people`s self-confidence. The good news is that there are natural remedies which can help you get rid of the dark stains on your skin.
The best natural remedies for the dark skin on your neck:
- Aloe Vera
It has natural skin-whitening properties and it deeply nourishes the skin. It will improve complexion and eliminate different skin spots. Aloe vera contains anti-cancer compounds which can regenerate the skin cells.
- Extract the gel from the aloe leaf.
- Apply it on your neck and tenderly rub it. Allow it to act for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water. For best results, repeat the procedure on daily basis.
- Baking soda
Baking soda acts as a skin exfoliator, deeply cleanses the skin and gradually removes dark stains and patches. The combination of baking soda and water is very effective in treating hyperpigmentation around the neck.
- Mix three parts of baking soda with one part of water to make thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your neck and let it dry.
- Rinse it off after a few minutes.
- Repeat the procedure two times a week.
Potatoes contain catecholase which can lighten the dark skin on the neck. Apply grinded potatoes or potato juice all around your neck. Allow it to stay for 15 minutes and then wash your neck with icy water.
Also, you can mix lemon juice and potato juice and apply the resulting mixture on the affected area. Let it act for 10-15 minute and then wash the area with warm water. Repeat the procedure regularly for best results. This remedy can also be used for removing dark spots and acne scars.
The best natural remedies for dark elbows and knees
Lemon has powerful bleaching effects. Also, it is loaded with vitamin C which can remove the dead skin cells and tone the skin. Also, it promotes regeneration of skin cells.
- Apply lemon juice on your elbows and knees and gently rub for a few minutes. Allow it to act for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and apply moisturizer.
- Also, you can mix lemon juice with one tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on the affected area and allow it to act for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
Sugar scrub is an excellent way to remove the dad skin cells and soothe your skin.
- Mix equal amount of sugar and olive oil to make thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your knees and elbows and rub in circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with mild cleanser and warm water.
- Repeat the procedure once a day until the skin around your knees and elbows becomes lighter.
Almonds have skin-nourishing properties which can keep up even skin tone and maintain your skin healthy.
- Rub the affected area with warm almond oil for about 5 minutes on daily basis before going to sleep. You will notice the change after a few days.
- Again, mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of coarsely powdered almonds with a little yogurt to make thick paste. Apply the mixture on your elbows and knees. Allow it to dry and then rub it with fingers using circular movements. Rinse it off with icy water. Repeat this once or twice a week for several weeks.
Home remedies for dark underarms:
Cucumbers have natural lightening properties. Lemon will whiten your skin, while cucumber will sooth your skin, relieving any tingling or disturbance.
- Mix lime juice with cucumber juice and add a juice of turmeric. Lemon will lighten your skin and remove the dead skin cells, the cucumber has cooling effect and turmeric prevents staining. You can repeat the procedure on daily basis.
- You can simply cut roundels of cucumber and rub your underarms with it.
- Again, apply the cucumber juice to you dark underarm. This will improve your skin health in just a few days.
Milk is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that can successfully remove the dark skin under your arms. When mixed with curd, the lactic acid will also have whitening effects.
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- One tablespoon of curd
- One tablespoon of flour
Combine milk, curd and four to get paste. Apply the resulting mixture to your underarms. Allow it to act for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
- Make chickpea flour mask
- Two tablespoons of chickpea flour
- One tablespoon of yogurt
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- One pinch of turmeric
Combine chickpea, yogurt, lemon juice and turmeric. Mix well until you get smooth paste. Apply this paste to your underarms. Allow it to act for 60 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
Repeat the procedure every day for the first two weeks, and then use it twice a week.
This mask will clean, nourish and whiten your skin.
Source: Just Natural Life