Often pregnant women face a major problem of stretch marks. Even people who have suddenly gained too much weight or have lost weight may suffer from stretch marks. Today there are a number of ways how these marks can be cured such as lotions, surgeries, and many others. But again the effectiveness of these ways depends on a number of factors such as age, diet, skin tone and others. But there are also some natural remedies that can help you in treating stretch marks and that too without any side effects.
Aloe Vera is one of the most effective ways to cure stretch marks due to its healing and soothing properties. Application of aloe vera is simple too.
- It has to be rubbed directed on the stretch marks.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then clean it up.
Olive oil is known to be a remedy for a number of skin issues because of its antioxidant properties. It is again one of the effective ways to get rid of stretch marks.
Warm some extra virgin olive oil and then massage it over the area of stretch marks. It improves the blood circulation of the area.
Leave it for 30 minutes so that the skin can absorb the nutrients such as Vitamin D, E and A.
Normally castor oil is an effective remedy to cure skin issues such as moles, age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, pimples and dark spots. But it is also found effective in treatment of stretch marks.
- Massage castor oil on the stretch marks for 5-10 minutes in a circular motion.
- After the massage, wrap a cloth around it.
- Some heat can be applied over the wrapped cloth with the help of hot water bag for about 30 minutes.
- The process can be done for a month time.
Sugar in its raw form can be used in exfoliating the skin and hence can be used in reducing stretch marks.
- Combine raw sugar, lemon juice and almond oil and make a mixture.
- Apply a few drop of the mixture on the stretch mark and massage for 2-3 minutes.
- Take shower after the massage.
- Do this for a month or so to see improving results.
Lemon juice is known for its acidic properties that cure acne and other such skin related issues. It also helps in curing stretch marks also.
- Apply a few drops of lemon juice on the affected area and rub in circular motion.
- After leaving it for 10 minutes, wash the area with luke-warm water.
Alfalafa leaves are known for its nutritional value such as Vitamin K, Vitamin K, minerals and nutrients that are healthy for your skin. It is known to offer good nourishment for your skin.
- Make a powder of alfalafa leaves mix it with and chamomile to prepare a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste and massage for 2-3 times each day.
- Use for a few weeks to get best results.
Cocoa butter is said to be a natural moisturizer for your skin and is also known to cure stretch marks.
A mixture can be made by mixing cocoa butter, grated beeswax, wheat germ oil, vitamin E oil and apricot kernel.
- Heat this combination till the time beeswax melts.
This mixture can be stored in a container that is airtight and can be kept in the refrigerator. The mixture can be applied on the stretch mark for 2-3 times in a day.
Source: David Wolfe