Many people suffer from a foot infection at a particular time of year. You can see that the area in-between the fingers have become itchy and reddish. Sometimes it also accompanies bleeding. This is actually a fungal infection.
Why does this happen?
Most people experience it in summer. In summer, your feet sweats a lot. If your sweat doesn’t evaporate and remains entrapped in your socks and shoes, then after some time it leads to infection. Intensive cases must be taken to a dermatologist. Here are some home remedies to prevent this infection from happing.
What are the ingredients to prevent fungal infection?
- Yogurt: you know that yogurt contains micro-organisms. The bacteria in yogurt are very useful to your body. It eats up the fungal germs. You will have just to soak your feet in yogurt, or rub it all you’re your feet, every day before going to bed. Let it dry, and rinse it off with cold water. The bacteria acidophilus cures all such infections.
- Sodium bicarbonate: If you have to wear, shoes and shocks in your work then wash your shocks with sodium bicarbonate and cold water. This will kill all germs in your shocks. Let it dry completely in the air.
- Hydrogen peroxide: soaking your feet in a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water also eliminates all possibilities of fungal infection. You need to mix 100 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide, in 1 liter of distilled water. It is just like an antifungal solution. Do this once or twice daily, before going to work and after returning from work.
- Corn starch: it is great absorbent of moisture. You will have to mix half tablespoon of corn starch, in warm water. Boil the mixture and make it thick. Apply the mixture on feet, and leave it for a couple of minutes, and then wash it with warm water.
Good hygiene for good foot
Once you get the fungal infection, it is very hard to cure it. So you are advised to maintain good foot hygiene all throughout the year.
- The infection generally occurs in summer, because of the sweat. To get rid of sweat, try to wear open shoes, to ensure air circulation, and walk in barefoot in the home.
- If you have to wear shoes and socks at the office then wear good quality socks. Use different pairs of socks every day.
Avoid nylon shoes and shocks all throughout the year.
Source: Health Tips Source