Nichiren, a Japanese monk wanted to thank and express his gratitude to a parishioner for his present of ‘Edamame’ that he has felt in the temple. Edamame, is the name of immature soybean pods that have been harvested before the pod hardens.
The first soybeans was grown in 2008 and it was intended to be commercially sold. They were known for alternative protein and became more popular over time.
Soybeans are said to be a ‘Powerhouse of nutrition’, soybeans have some other interesting facts and these facts will convince you:
1) About 93% of Soybeans is GMO and it is the richest food in pesticide contamination among all others that we take.
2) They contains phyates that stops mineral absorption. Scientists claim that diets that are rich in phyates lead to mineral deficiencies in the third world countries.
3) Soybeans have the highest amounts of cell Goitrogens (thyroid suppressors). They will show a detrimental effect on the thyroid function as they have isoflavones.. There are many cases of thyroid issues in the US , particularly in women.
4) They prevent protein digestion as they contain Trypsin inhibitors.
5) Soybeans are the richest source of phytoestrogens, which are plant-based estrogens that changes the body estrogen. Infertility, low libido, breast cancer, uterine fibroids, and endometriosis cause due to the excess consumption of phytoestrogen. A research says that the exposure to phytoestrogen can seriously harm fertility and it increases the risk of damage to the reproductive systems in females as a fetus, infant, child, and adolescent.
6) The compound Genistein that will be found in Soy is the major reason for the destruction of the ability of sperm to swim toward the egg. This would cause issues.