Do you belong to the group who always like to use only natural methods for treating minor symptoms? If yes then you must be looking for new natural remedies. We all are thankful to the common medicine, as pharmaceutical drugs are essential. But many times it is nature that is able to help us resolve our problems.
If you have sore throat and cough, here is a sage syrup plus honey recipe that is a great remedy. Sage has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits, which makes it great against sore throat (also perfect for mouth rinsing).
Honey also offers many benefits. When combined with sage, it is highly effective in fighting cough. It is a simple recipe that requires nothing but one cup of sage leaves (fresh) and another cup of wildflower organic honey.
Make sure to have a glass jar with a tight lid.
How to Prepare?
- Wash the sage leaves and let them dry.
- Separate the stems and the leaves and put the leaves into the jar and add honey. Let the leaves soak in it.
- Once soaked thoroughly, mix using a clean spoon.
- Close it tightly and leave for a week. Stir once daily.
- The leaves will appear dry on the third day and the honey will be dissolved.
- After 7 days take out the sage leaves ensuring that all the honey on them is removed into the jar.
- Close the jar tightly and store in the fridge. It can last for a long time, as honey is a great preservative.
Take few tablespoons of your safe-leaf and honey syrup in morning whenever you have sore throat. You can also take it by adding 1 tsp of this syrup in 1 cup of hot water and some lemon juice.
Source: Healthy And Natural Life