When we talk about summer fruits and vegetables, sure that watermelon and peaches first came to mind, but there’s another delicious aposlastica whose season right now, and that should be found on your table.
It is a melon. This vegetable belongs to the same family as watermelon, pumpkin and cucumber. It is rich in vitamins and minerals. It contains a high percentage of vitamnina C, B, beta-carotene, as well as calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and copper. Also, melon contains three times more potassium than a watermelon.
Thanks to the high percentage of water, about 95 percent, the low percentage of sugar and excellent taste and smell, this vegetable is a perfect summer refreshment.
Water from the melon stimulates the kidneys, regulates blood pressure, and high levels of fiber helps digestion. Beta carotene helps fight cancer, a latest research shows that the melon can be used in the fight against several types of cancer.
You can eat it whenever and however you want, but here are the reasons why should be eating more often:
– Melon is ideal for detoxification of the body and helps carminative organism. This fruit contains 300 milligrams of potassium per 100 grams and helps the body to solve the excess sodium and thus lowers high blood pressure.
– The juice of melon was previously used for pain relief. If you want to get rid of the pain, lubricate sore spot squeezed juice or finely chopped melon.
– In folk medicine melon is used for refreshing and soothing.
– Melon is used against kidney stones, soothes insect stings, burns, diseases of the stomach and intestines.
– Melon is not grown, and is ideal if you want to lose weight.