Dry skin is an irritating condition that can cause itching and several complications. Most importantly it also causes dullness in our skin that can affect appearance. Some people have dry skin regardless of the weather, be it cold or hot conditions. Most treatments for dry skin are expensive cosmetics, some which can be toxic to the skin and our health.
So a simple natural remedy for treating dry skin is coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in essential vitamins and minerals that can help to heal dry and cracked skin and also help in healing other skin ailments.
Here is a great remedy that will help get rid of dry skin
What is needed?
- Organic coconut oil – one cup
- Lemon Essential Oil – four to five drops
- Orange Essential Oil – four to five drops
- Organic Lemon – half a zest
- Organic Lime – half a zest
- Organic Orange – half a zest
How to make this?
- Warm the coconut oil in a pan for around twenty minutes. This helps it soften.
- After warming it, take it in a bowl and stir it hard so that lumps are dissolved.
- Now add the zest of all the three fruits to the oil. Then stir vigorously.
- After a while add the essential oils to this mixture and stir until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Then store the mixture in a fridge and let it harden. Place your finger on the surface to see if you can make intent on it. If you can, then the mixture is ready.
- Whip the oil in a blender so that it becomes a frothy and fluffy.
The mixture is to be stored where there is not too much heat or sunlight, so that it will not melt. It can now be used as a substitute to your moisturizing creams to get a smooth skin.
Source: Healthy Tips World