Oil pulling in one of the oldest methods of cleaning teeth. For centuries, it has been utilized as a natural method of cleaning teeth, improving the health of gums, eradicating bacteria that are harmful from the mouth and whitening of teeth.
Oil is highly significant for various reasons which include headaches, skin issues, infection, arthritis, hormonal imbalances among others. The most crucial is that it is a natural ingredient which is great in enhancing your health orally, significantly whiten your teeth and aid in treating gums that are sensitive.
How is oil pulling performed?
The process is very easy. A few teaspoons of olive or sesame oil and coconut oil are all you will require. It should be put in the mouth and swished for at least 15 minutes. When this is done, spit it out and carry out rinsing of the mouth. Oil pulling should be done before breakfast in the morning to attain the most appropriate results. It can be done prior to each meal if you have complex dental issues.
The following steps should be followed;
- Place one or two teaspoons of oil which are vegetable based into the mouth
- Swish for at least twenty minutes. There is proof that 20 minutes is adequate to break past the bacteria and plaque and that is why it is crucial to carry out for 20 minutes and not lower
- Ensure the mixture isn’t swallowed because it is filled with bacteria, toxins and a variety of harmful content. Spit the oil after swishing.
- Warm water should be used in rinsing the mouth properly
- Brush your teeth immediately you are done.
You can add a few drops of your best oil to enhance the taste of the oil if you can¡¯t deal with the taste of the oil. Peppermint or any other desired flavor can be utilized.
Pregnant women should consult their physician before trying this out.
How does oil pulling work?
Your salivary glands safeguard toxins. When oil pulling is carried out the production of saliva is elevated, and the toxins in your saliva get stuck in the oil and leave your body once the oil is spat out.
Coconut oil has a much gentle taste and has antibacterial contents in comparison to other oil and that is why it is recommended by health experts for dental hygiene.
Frequent usage of the oil will ensure your teeth is smoother and whiter and get rid of traces of plaque.
Oil pulling has been utilized traditionally in India to treat various diseases because of its potent healing powers. It can aid in;
- Fixing decaying tooth
- Eradicating bad breath
- Treat bleeding gums
- Minimizing the possibility of heart diseases
- Minimize swelling/inflammation
- Help in whitening teeth
- Aid with dryness of throat
- Avert cavities
- Treat cracked lips
- Enhance you immune system
- Solve breakouts of acne
- Enhance jaw and gum strength
It has been recommended by experts to utilize coconut oil due to its numerous properties significant to health. Asides from the improvement of your oral hygiene, it also aids with;
- Fixing hormonal imbalance
- Issues with digestion
- Candida infections
- Dry skin
- Age spots and wrinkles
- Low energy levels and imbalanced blood sugar
- Helps in balancing your LDL and HDL
- Burning of fat
Due to the fact that coconut oil has an elevated level of absorption you can utilize the benefits to your advantage by oil pulling.
If you are a newbie to this practice, it is recommended you start to enjoy the benefits by doing it frequently.
Source: Reflection of Mind