Eczema is a troublesome condition that irritates and inflames the skin. It is not only difficult for the patient to deal with as it causes discomfort, but also causes them to keep scratching the affected areas, which is definitely ungainly sight. It also causes rashes in the face, wrists, hands and knees which is an unpleasant sight. Some people even suffer bleeding because the itching is so bad, that they cannot resist the urge to scratch the affected skin area. A staggering Ten to Twenty percent of infants are affected by this and almost three percent of the total American Population gets affected by this condition.
There are several creams, medicines and lotions that are prescribed by dermatologists to treat this condition, but unfortunately most of them are expensive and cause many side effects. It is ideal that the condition is treated in a natural way. Here is one such a natural treatment method, which uses apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar has several health benefits including:
- Cell Regeneration – It can help in renewing the skin cells and it contains ample beta-carotene which can help the regeneration process
- Fiber Content – The fiber content in apple cider vinegar helps during the digestion process to flush out all the unwanted toxins from the body.
- Potassium Content – Apple cider vinegar is alkaline in nature and this is mainly due to the high levels of potassium contained in it. This helps to maintain a reasonable pH level in the skin and helps get rid of several skin related ailments including eczema.
- Effect on the Immune System – Eczema thrives when the immune system is weak. Apple Cider vinegar contains essential minerals and salts, Vitamin B1, riboflavin, acetic acid and pectin, which all contribute to boosting the immune system.
- Effect on Fungus – Apple cider vinegar contains excellent antifungal and antibacterial properties and can help destroy the bacteria that cause eczema and prevent growth. Apple cider vinegar is extremely effective against all skin related problems that are caused and propagated by bacteria & fungi.
Here is a great remedy for treating eczema
What is needed?
- Apple cider vinegar – two tablespoons
- Water – two tablespoons
- Cotton balls – two or three
How to make this?
Mix the apple cider vinegar and water in a small bowl and mix well until the vinegar is properly diluted. Now use the cotton ball and soak it in this diluted mixture. Apply the mixture using the cotton balls in the areas where the skin is affected by the skin condition. Repeat this procedure for a few days and you will notice a great difference in your skin.
Source: Natural Cures And Home Remedies