The plant cannabis is a genus of flowering plants in the family Cannabaceae. It is also known as hemp; it goes by many different names. The name of the extracts changes with the concentration of CBD and THC present in the extract. Cannabis edibles are a food product that contains cannabinoids, and THC is extracted from the plant cannabis. The cannabis edibles have less psychoactive effects as it has more concentration of CBD and less concentration of THC to limit the psychoactive effects. Cannabis edibles are used for many purposes of leisure purpose as well as for medical purposes. There are different types of edibles, each with its feature and uniqueness.
Different types of cannabis edibles
- Cannabis gummies –
Cannabis edibles come in the form of gummies and candies, which have different shapes and flavors. These gummies are easily available in the market with ease. The psychoactive effects are limited in these gummies.
- Cannabis-Infused foods –
Cannabis edibles in the form of brownies and cookies come under the food section of the cannabis edibles. These brownies and cookies are infused with powerful medicinal marijuana, which has no side effects. Cannabis can be infused in food such as candy, baked goods, pasta sauces, bacon, potato chips, and many other food items.
- Cannabis-Infused drinks –
The cannabis edibles or concentrations can be mixed with drinks and beverages. They can be infused into tea, soda, coffee, and alcohol, safe to consume if infused in the right proportion for consumption.
- CBD edibles –
CBD edibles come in different forms and types, which are non-psychoactive to consume. They have more concentration of Cannabidiols present as compared to the THC.
Benefits of Cannabis edibles
- Cannabis-infused foods or drinks are more interesting and delicious, which makes it fun to consume. They are also healthy for the human body; the cannabis plant has many different medical healing properties.
- Cannabis edibles have long-lasting effects than any other products of the cannabis plant. It also has a less psychoactive effect, but it can be increased with CBD and THC’s dosage or concentration.
- You can customize your cannabis food. You can mix it with any food or drink of your preference.
- Cannabis edibles are more cost-effective. They charge less as compared to other products.
- The users of cannabis edibles can limit and control their psychoactive effects.